22 March 2008

Hadoop Summit 25-March-2008

I'm packing my bags for the 6-1/2 hour flight from right coast to left for the Hadoop Summit next week. This promises to be a great event with a lot of good material on the agenda, plus the opportunity to chat with Hadoop contributors and application developers as well. I just wish it was longer than 1 day...

There are 215 registered attendees - which seems to be a larger number than Yahoo anticipated when the event was initially announced - so there is evidently significant interest in Hadoop despite map/reduce technology being declared "a major step backwards" by Mike Stonebraker and Dave DeWitt. Can't we all just get along?

I anticipate having network access at the summit, so I'll try to blog about the presentations and discussions throughout the day.

No comments: